- Using Tricks I Learned From Ruby Hangman In Production Systems
(subject to relevant statutes of limitations)
- Object oriented design
- Rails security / other security
- Databases other than MySQL and why/why not to use them
- How to run a production Ruby server, e.g. interpreters, versions,
tools, techniques, etc.
- Improving your web app with Draper or other “decorator” or
“presenter” pattern libraries –
- Performing authorization with CanCan or such –
- How you’re doing asynchronous IO in actual applications and why,
e.g. fibers, processes, Celluloid, EventMachine, etc.
- Simple, durable worker queues with Heroku’s “queue_classic” library
on top of PostgreSQL pub-sub –