Learn about Ruby and programming
New to Ruby or programming? Take a look at our list of resources for learning Ruby and programming. Also join us at the monthly Ruby Beginners Meetups, details are in the “Participate” section on the homepage.
- APIdock documentation for Ruby’s API
- Rubular an interactive Ruby regular expression editor
- Sinatra is a easy to use tool for writing web applications, and is probably a better place to start than with Rails. Consider using it with Sequel for using a database.
- Ruby on Rails is a powerful web application framework.
- Sequel is an easy to use toolkit for interacting with relational databases, and is probably a better place to start with databases than ActiveRecord.