Portland Ruby Brigade: April 2010 meeting
Organized by Igal Koshevoy
Time: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 from 7–9pm
Location: Robert Half Technology, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 222 SW Columbia St Portland OR 97201 US
Add this event to your calendar: http://calagator.org/events/1250458281
The next Ruby Brigade meeting is coming soon. We’ve got a some great content lined up, including a special guest from Engine Yard traveling up to Portland just to give us a talk.
- “Ruby Hangman: April Fools Special” — Markus Roberts will confound and amaze you with his latest puzzle
- “Machine Learning and Data Mining Using Ruby” — Randall Thomas will present a quick and dirty introduction to machine learning and data mining, describe effective ways to apply these, and show how to make use of these using Ruby. Randall works at Engine Yard, is a classically-trained musician, tinkers with robotics, and enjoys coding with Ruby, Erlang and OCaml.
- “Ruby fixture replacement issues and factory_girl tutorial” — Igal Koshevoy will provide an overview of the Ruby tools, methods and divergent needs discussed at our recent fixture replacements meetup. He will also provide a quick tutorial of the “factory_girl” fixtures replacement library.
- “Mid-month unstructured activity meetup discussion” — The meetup to discuss fixtures replacement was a big success. I’d like to have more similar events in between regular meetings.
- “Open Source Bridge 2010 raffle” — You can win a free pass to the Open Source Bridge 2010 conference. For details and to apply, see: http://tinyurl.com/osb10-raffle-pdxruby
GROUP: The Portland Ruby Brigade is a user group for Ruby programmers in the Portland Oregon area. Join other developers for presentations and discussions about Ruby and its uses.
VENUE: This meeting’s space is kindly provided by Robert Half Technology at their 2nd Floor Conference Room. Enter the KOIN Tower from SW Columbia between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, take the back elevators to the 2nd floor, and then follow the pdxruby signs.